plendefrruesjp

8. Czarne.

A village at Lake Czarne (also called Lake Czerskie), part of Jeziora Piaseczyńskie  (Lakes Piaseczyńskie) Landscape-Nature Protected Complex. These endorheic lakes display a rare self-purification ability. Numerous well-managed beaches. In Jawor holiday centre located 10km from  Czarne you'll find water sports equipment rental and Mihalufka hotel. The local landmark, a wooden church founded by  the village owners Michał and Kajetan (the captain in the Polish Army) Pląskowski  between 1791-1793 is the most interesting wooden church in the Dobrzyń Land, (a rarity because of its unusual Neoclassical style). The Neoclassical elements include a high porch of four columns supporting a prominent crown cornice. The porch, finished with a tympanum decorated with  The Eye of Providence relief constitutes the facade. The relatively small church looks majestic owing to the fact that its porch and main building are surrounded with the same cornice.  The church has a  wooden false barrel vault.The Neoclassical interior has several late Baroque items. The polychrome from the first half of the 19th c, containing biblical scenes and Polish saints' images, is a starpiece of the interior. The spaces between the figural scenes are filled with folk ornamentation based on the acanthus motif. The content of the religious scenes, the choice of the saint figures and the Bible excerpts indicate that both the founder and the author of the polychrome  intended to convey a comforting message to the enslaved nation. The scene of a storm at sea with fishermen asking Christ to calm it was intended to raise hope for peace after the Napoleonic period. The images of Polish saints and the Bible quotes put above them were to inspire patriotic feelings, e.g. the quote above St Stanislaus Kostka: “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled” or above Władysław z Gielniowa (Ladislaus from Gielniowo): “Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven”. The church constitutes an integral part of the Old-Polish Baroque  manor complex. The chestnut alley in front of the church is classified as a nature monument. The manor dating back to the latter half of the 19th c. presently houses a primary school.

Go to the photo gallery