plendefrruesjp

3. The Drwęca - canoe trail.

The Drwęca - canoe trail. The Drwęca forms a west-north border of the Dobrzyń Land. With 37 species of fish it is a unique ichthyological reserve named The Drwęca River (comprising  the entire river, 220km), which protects Salmonidae including the brown trout, the Atlantic salmon, the bulltrout and  the vimba bream. It also supports a plethora of other fish species including the spirlin, the amur bitterling, the bullhead, white fish such as the carp, the European weatherfish, the common bream, the common roach, and predatory fish such as the pike, the zander, the perch, and the ruffe. This superb canoe trail provides great angling opportunities for experienced anglers. Many places located along the trail (from the confluence of the Rypienica and Drwęca) are worthy of attention. Tomkowo nature reserve protects mixed forest with larch stands. In the valley an agrotourist farm seated in the 18th-century Neoclassical manor offers decent accommodation. In Płonko you'll see the remains of an early-medieval settlement (Szaniec); Bobrowisko nature reserve protects a larch population.  Golub-Dobrzyń - between 1815-1916 a border town between Russia and Germany. The highlight of the Dobrzyń section is the Neoclassical church (1823) with a Gothic crucifix, the highlights of the Golub section include the Renaissance castle (1296-1309) raised on the site of an early-medieval settlement (at present the castle houses a museum, a hotel, a restaurant, and hosts The International Chivalrous Tournaments), and a Gothic church (1293-1350) with sumptous decor. Dulnik – a village on the Lubianka river featuring a historic architectural complex consisting of a wooden watermill and the miller's house. Ciechocin – a village founded in the mid-13th c. has a 14th-century Gothic church with a Baroque interior. Located on the right riverside Elgiszewo offers decent accommodation in the Karbówko recreation centre. Młyniec – bisected by the Drwęca, the village belonged to Russia and Germany during the Partitions (1815-1920). 
The highlights include a wooden church on the left riverside (1750) with a Baroque and Rococo interior.  Złotoria – a village founded in 1240 with a neo-Gothic church (1904). Near the confluence of the Vistula and Drwęca are the ruins of the castle raised in 1343 by King Kazimierz Wielki (Casimir the Great), which served as a border watchtower between Poland and the Teutonic state. Frederic Chopin visited the village in 1825. Located on the right side of the Drwęca Kaszczorek (former village incorporated into Toruń) features a branch of the Toruń Ethnographic Museum (near the bridge) with an interesting display of  boat shelters, houseboats and folk architecture.